Sunday, September 30, 2007

catfish bangs



We've all seen it. We all most likely have tried it if not sported it with pride. I'm talking about the catfish bangs...

CATFISH BANGS STANDARDS:

!. two strands of hair must cascade down either side of face

2. the mysterious immobility of the bangs is acheived with some mousse or gel (size of a pearl)

3. they must be unnaturally placed, and taper at the bottom (a point if you will)

4. best accompanied with a stretchy black choker and dark lip liner

5. the victim's countenance must be that of, "yeah whateva"

6. the victim must often run fingers down each "bang" ensuring an authentic catfish whisker look

7. stonewashed jeans are encouraged

8. victim might store extra mousse in an optional fanny pack to slick down those irritating fly aways

9. feeling saucy? dress it up with a tiara!

10. once you have mastered the catfish bangs, one might strive for catfish sideburns... same rules apply however, the "whisker" originates at the hairline in front of the ear...


OK so what do yall think would dress up some catfish bangs??? Have you ever seen people rock it??? Mabe you'll take notice and have a newfound respect for this rare breed...

10 comments:

Jessica Rockey said...

Love it SIS! Perhaps a bedazzled jumper?

Jessica Rockey said...

OHHH... A starbucks apron! LOL.

Judy said...

Hahahahaha.


Found you!!! :) How about the 'nobody understands me' bangs?

Callie said...

Hey! it's your coach! Hooray for you blogging. It better be good =)

bEka said...

yes... so ashley simpson... "misunderstood" with a lil Avril edge...


sis- a sbux apron and a blarin case of A.D.D. would pair nicely

callie- HEY COACH! how's it goin down in the dirdy dirdy?

Lizzy said...

lovin' it!!! I was talking on the phone with a girlfriend who is really sick and I was trying to listen empathetically but laughing hysterically!!! (you know, that stifled, 'forbidden' laugh?)

bEka said...

oh i know just the type... the chuckle that turns into a "nagging cough"..... , "Oh I'm so sorry I'm listening, I just can't seem to get rid of this cough..."

Ginger said...

oh--those layering socks. They look like you're wearing abunch of them but really just one pair with a bunch of tubes layered! (i loved those!)
Im glad you're on here.

Jennifer said...

um, I hope I didn't do that. But one can't remember everything tacky about oneself. I just always looked awkard. Not too much has changed.

JL

Catherine said...

You are too funny! I love it. I can totally picture that.

I love Jessie Jessie's suggestion about the bedazzled jumper!