Thursday, September 27, 2007

s0cially (Acceptable) sTalking


I am very new to this blog world. I did the myspace thing for a bit, I still occasionally check it... but it lost its original thrill after I looked at everyone of my friends' friends' friends' site. Their pictures, comments left back and forth, who's with who ( who wore the same outfit everyday of labor day weekend), OH! and what cracks me up are the people who leave a bulletin announcing to the world they have 27 new pictures (of themselves) and everyone should comment on them. WHAT INSANITY. And what is with this "TOP 8" mess??? Am I really required to list my TOP 8 friends ranking them from most to least importance? I'm telling you it is socially acceptable stalking. It enables and encourages socially unhealthy habits. If you ever catch yourself mindlessly surfing on myspace, ask yourself..."Why am I looking at Emily's friend Sarah's cousin Susy's Aunt Kim's son Bart's Bar Mitzvah pictures?"

10 comments:

Reaghan said...

wow, haha i'm not sure how i feel about you bashing myspace...i'll get over it!
i'm glad your in the blogging world even though i was here first then jessica THEN you so remember your place! haha
well goodnight see ya tomorrow...i'm glad i'm under the people you like...don't you think thats kinda harsh? so if your name isn't under there you don't like them...(kinda like the top 8 mess huh?)

bEka said...

yeah.. i was thinking top 3 or 4

Jessica Rockey said...

Yeah sis! At least I was the popular one for about a week. You're ALWAYS stealing my thunder! Now I just have to have a cute baby to steal the thunder back... baby, eventually... no time soon... I don't want to be the one to start a rumor about myself.
Just think, this blog is gonna completely define who you are. Put a few serious or spiritual posts in there just incase Joanna Breault happens to read it sometime! Ha Ha!

Michelle said...

Whooo Hoooo!!!!

Kate Thomas. said...

Blane... mix it around, mix it around, what do you get. N'bale'. The name of a planet way...way...far away.

glad you have a blog. I've got one now too. Thanks for calling the other day. I can't answer phone calls in my current emotional state. Miss you!!

erin said...

Yes, I compare blog reading to reading People. It's the same thing at heart.

Hollabek. That reminds me of that Gwen S song. Dru always thought it was "I ain't no Harlem black girl". Ugghhh.

And now I've just noticed that Katie is blogging. So I better go stick my nose in some of her business.

Bekah said...

Bek,
I was cracking up at your comments on Jessicas blog...now I can crack up at your posts! YAY! And that junk about myspace...ummm totally true! Haha! Im glad you have a blog....whatever happened to our annual steak nights??? hmmm...

Catherine said...

Yeah Bek! Your number one fan here!

Lizzy said...

Yippeee!! look forward to reading your posts!

Jennifer said...

Totally tracking.

JL