Friday, June 26, 2009

Am I the only one?




I think it's very sad when people pass away... especially when they're young... or by some sort of sudden or tragic event, such as a heart attack. Of course I am sad for the loss of Michael Jackson... he influenced the entertainment world like no other... music and dance changed forever from his unique style and execution.

I don't mean to be insensitive, however, but did everybody forget he was a child molester? I'm not trying to be a jerk or come down on Michael Jackson... but it kind of surprises me how when people die, in general, everybody is so quick to forget their offenses and want to reflect on the good... which in a sense is noble I suppose... no need to bring up all his past issues at a time to celebrate the good in his life... but seriously..

I feel like a week or two ago if we were to see him on the news we all roll our eyes thinking about what a whack job he was and flip the channel... now all the sudden people are crying and losing sleep?

Again, I'm not trying to be insensitive... especially as an artist I do respect him tremendously as an artist... but come on guys... he wasn't exactly an A class citizen. Thats all I'm gonna say.....

6 comments:

Kate Thomas. said...

I agree. I feel sad about it but it kinda makes me sick in my stumach. What a sad, messed up man.

abbey said...

I totally agree.

Jessica Rockey said...

The finality is the sad part I think... Not to be super spiritual, but... his decisions on life, God and eternity have been made and he lived his life accordingly... that's the sad part.
On the other hand... people being so forgiving after death is such a crazy form of denial... no judgement, no hell, no regret... sad.
Who wants a bunch of bs said at their funeral?

erin said...

Yeah totally what all of you said. What's so sad to me is that this amazing artist who, as you said, changed music and dance forever, lived such an empty, messed up life. When I would see him on the news I didn't feel disgusted, I really felt so sad for him. Really, just seeing him I saw so much emptiness... And I know the people who act out against others usully have so much pain themselves. So I guess I'm sad about his death cause I'm sad about the life of someone who's music I love listening to.

bEka said...

me as well. i am glad , although selfish?, we still have his music to enjoy. it is very sad. especially when they show him as a kid...

i think you guys are right... the saddest part was what a messed up, empty , unsatisfied man he was.

Mimi said...

You are not the only one:)