Tuesday, February 5, 2008

ADIOS SBUX






So last saturday was my last shift at Pembroke Starbucks. The same winds of change that carried Mary Poppins by way of umbrella grabbed hold of me and blew me from my humble latte making ways. Actually, I'm just too busy balancing school, rehearsals, teaching etc etc. Although I'll miss my team there, most I've worked with for nearly three years... it was time. Oddly enough, I've come across a lot of people who are making changes in there life... people changing jobs, locations... its exciting! I think 2008 will be a great year filled with positive changes and lots of growth! So whats up with all yall>? How are you going to make this year different from last?

7 comments:

Ginger said...

exciting---hmm..whats in store?!?! This year for me will be different because I vowed to clean the kitchen before I go to bed. :) aaaaannnd, new baby

bEka said...

nice

Michelle said...

No big changes for me. Well, that I know of... but then again, it could be a big year. Who knows.

Tell us about what is filling your life up so full?

Anonymous said...

Awe, beka! I hope you will plenty of time for everything now! You will be missed!

bEka said...

well. my dearest michelle, mainly school. I'm at odu monday - friday 9a- 5p somedays 6pm. I teach 2 tap classes monday nights for THEATRIX ( a local kids theatre group), I have a dance class tues night, I teach drums wednesday night, band practice thurs, teach fri night, and I am choreographing (my lovely SIS is helping me) THEATRIX upcoming show "Thoroughly Modern Millie"---you all should check it out!--- so rehearsals for that are saturdays... and sunday afternoon I have rehearsals for my upcoming spring show! So I stay pretty busy... and I was trying to put in hours at starbucks on top of that.... wasn't working out too well. I'd rather invest m time into music and dance... although i love coffee! its not what i want to do long term.

abbey said...

dang girl. busy, busy, busy. glad you're doin what you love...keep it up!

Jennifer said...

Hmmm... you are busy girl. You make my life look easy. My life is full of chasing 2 toddlers and growing 2 babies. Which is actually more tiring than it sounds :) Hee hee. Oh Starbucks, dear Starbucks... I worked there for 3 years. You've done your time girl. I still find myself dreaming about working there. the most recent dream I was freaking out because I couldn't remember how many pumps I was supposed to add to a frappuccino... ha ha. The things I dream about. Anxiety dreams about Starbucks. But I guess 3 years later and I still dream about it- that should tell you something! Look forward to seeing more of you!

Big Hug,

Jennifer